R2 Weight Loss

Monday, March 2, 2009

Day 15 - Mix the Chemicals Right, Dear

So, over the past week I lost 4.5 pounds, which is significantly less than last week. But that's not bad! I've lost a total of 14 pounds so far, and that's awesome.

Yesterday was kind of weird. I didn't eat before I went out to lunch. I found out shortly before I left that it was an Italian restaurant, which kind of concerned me. It turned out to be a seafood place as well, so I ordered PLAIN broiled shrimp. The waitress came out and asked if the chef could cook them in red wine, and I stupidly agreed. I didn't think about how alcohol turns to sugar when it is burned off. Luckily, they cooked my shrimp in water, which was kind of gross, but still on protocol. I asked for steamed veggies as a side; they brought me a giant bowl of canned peas. Yuck! Unfortunately, that was all I ate yesterday. I know I should have eaten more, but it was just a weird schedule. When I used to go out to eat I would do the same thing - try not eat other than that meal. Not the healthiest thing, so I need to try and break that habit. All in all, not too bad of an experience. Oh yeah, yesterday was the first time since I've started to lose weight that I got dressed up (not in a work way). When I finished getting dressed and putting on my makeup I put my glasses back on and took a look in the mirror. Now, the dress I was wearing had horizontal stripes, so I did look a little w i d e, but other than that I thought I looked great. It has been SO long since I felt that way. I mean, my hair looked the way I wanted it to, my makeup was exactly how I wanted it, my clothes looked good on me; I was so psyched! It was a great moment. :D

I'm having a really hard time with food when I am home, though. I either don't eat, or kind of snack all day instead of eating meals. I also don't like being in the same room as my family when they are eating, even if I don't want what they are having. If I was to eat with them, it would just be weird. I'd finish eating way before them and end up just sitting there watching them (seemingly, to me) pile food on their plates. I still don't know how I will go back to eating normal amounts of food. I guess my appetite will just return eventually.

I went food shopping a little bit this afternoon with Bobby, and he was so supportive. He helped me buy the sole I had for dinner too. (It was REALLY tasty!) It looked good too, so he told me to buy a few extra ounces and freeze it. I also bought a big bag of little macintosh apples. Yum! I'm not sure what I'll bring for lunch tomorrow. Maybe I'll make something when I get back from going for a ride with Bobby. ;) He was making buffalo chicken tonight, and I totally wanted something spicy like that. Not really too sure how to duplicate that kind of spice using just... well... spices. :)

Well, I think that's all for tonight. Long day tomorrow, I'm expecting. Oy vey.

Night night.

2 comments:

  1. I cannot WAIT for that "Gee I AM thinner than I used to be!" moment... It was so profound the last time around, and it's what drives me this time. ;D Good for YOU, Mollie!! Women generally average a half-pound a day loss, so you are still overshooting the average. I'll see if I can find a protocol-friendly buffalo/spicy recipe out there for ya...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found a couple of spicy chicken recipes on the hcgrecipes blog...

    Boneless Hot Wings: http://hcgrecipes.blogspot.com/2007/08/boneless-hot-wings.html

    and Chile Chicken: http://hcgrecipes.blogspot.com/2007/10/chile-chicken.html

    There's also a post for Kung Pao Chicken, but it's a little more involved. HTH!

    ReplyDelete