R2 Weight Loss

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Day 23 - Save our Ship

Weight:135.5 pounds - Waist: 32.5 inches

Well, here I am! Back after going off the reservation for a few days. So, I will offer a quick recap of my weekend.

Friday - 135, my LIW, and a good day at work. Went out to Friday's and was surprised at their "healthier" menu. They had grilled protein and steamed vegetables, so I was really psyched. I had grilled cajun shrimp and steamed broccoli - it was ok. Drank water. Then went to the movies and had a little popcorn (their was butter on it - I know, I'm terrible). Felt like crap after eating popcorn and went to bed.

Saturday - 134.5 - not too bad. :) Went to Danvers to hang out with Bobby's cousin and his girlfriend. I discovered a wonderful video game, Left 4 Dead (RELOADING!!!), and had fruit for lunch. Everything was downhill from there. I found out we were going to Vinny T's for dinner, and grappled with what I should eat all afternoon. We finally go, and we have to wait a bit for our table. Now - if you don't know this about me - it takes very little for me to get drunk, and I was halfway through my first drink when we sat down. They ordered fried calamari, fried ravioli, bread with roasted garlic and olive oil, and more drinks. By the time we ordered I was two drinks deep and nicely buzzed (aka I didn't care anymore). I ate a few calamari, a ravioli, a piece of bread with the garlic and oil, and then Bobby and I each had a caesar salad (no croutons, at least) and split chicken and eggplant parmesan. I was so full I don't know how I didn't roll out the door. However, I continued to have one or two more drinks, resulting in a drunk shooba. =/ At the movies I bought a big water, and ate, yet again, more popcorn. And yes, it also had butter.

Sunday - I woke up and felt terrible (probably more due to lack of quality sleep than anything else). I had one medium sized pancake for breakfast (it was made for me) and some scrambled eggs. I drank a lot of water and weighed myself when I got home - up 2 pounds. Continued to drink water and had a LOVELY dinner of a lean turkey burger with a little ketchup (1 tbsp) and mayo (1 tsp) and some tomato soup.

Monday - No loss/gain. Wonderous and delicious large soy cap with an extra shot for breakfast. Strawberries and a hard boiled egg for lunch. Some raw almonds for a snack. Turkey burger and broccoli for dinner. Great day.

This morning - down to 135.5!! Woo hoo!! You know what, I really enjoyed this weekend. I probably should not have done it, but I had a great time on Saturday. In the future, though, I think I should stay away from Italian restaurants, or anywhere else that's mostly non-P3 food. I won't apologize for my indulgence, because I am not sorry. I deserved a break (maybe not so big, but whatever) and now I'm back on track and committed to a successful Phase 3.

Honestly, I don't think I've felt this good in a long time. I have energy; I'm focused; I'm full; I'm not craving white death at all. It's a great feeling. Aaaaand, I was called both Amarillo Slim (I think that's Nik's new name for me) and a "supermodel" (in jest, but bfd). :) It's just nice to feel like I look good, or at least okay. Oh yeah, and the HTA crew seems to like my new pic. Swwweeet deal.

I'm learning how to swim - no drowning this time. I'll make it to the shore, in a bikini!

;)

Word.

2 comments:

  1. LOL You drunkard! j/k That's really cool. Italian restaurants are Pandora's box for me. I want EV-ERY-THING on the menu, with a side of garlic/butter/parmesan breadsticks, a thick slice of tiramisu for dessert and a pitcher of sangria to wash it down! Ugh!

    How fricken cool is it when other people notice and give compliments?? I'm waiting for that, but my family is always like, "You carry your weight so well, I didn't even notice!" :P What-ev. Big grats on the swimming lessons, and I love the pic too! It seems like you actually want the camera to capture your whole face now. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahah I totally know this feeling!!! I had a BBQ not too long ago and I ate everything in sight EVERYTHING! And gained something ridiculous like 4lbs or something but got it off with diligence. You are awesome! See, you can screw up and indulge once in a while, as long as you are GOOD GOOD GOOD after that. *hughug*

    ReplyDelete