R2 Weight Loss

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Day 11 - WTFFFFFFFFFFF??

Weight: 140 pounds - Waist: 35 inches

Well, this sucks. I'm up .5 pound. I can guess that my very strange food schedule yesterday is to blame. I barely ate at all yesterday at work, then came home and ate basically 350 calories. My f-up, but now that means I need to be extra cautious today, and listen to my body when it's hungry. I want to get way into the 130's by Sunday, so I need to be really strict. No more deviations. No more cause for "rewards." Straight as an arrow from now on. I have another 25 pounds to go, and I'm the only one in control. So why the eff am I screwing this up?? No more, I tell you. No more!

I'm going to bring some lean turkey breast to work for lunch today, with an apple and some cucumbers. Simple, easy. (On protocol, I might add) =) I also didn't drink all my water yesterday, so that may have been another contributing factor. (Am I obsessing??) So the list for today is: Water! Veggies! Protein! Eat at work! Listen to Shelly!

Oh yeah, I did make wonderful fish last night for dinner. I had broiled haddock that I DOUSED in this salt-free spice mix "It's a Dilly," which is dill, lemon, and pepper. It was so delicious. I also put a tablespoon of 1% milk with a little vinegar, and some fresh squeezed lemon as well for a bit more flavor. The fish was so light, that I got to eat a big piece and it was only 4 ounces. Much more satisfying than any meal I've had on protocol. But clearly, the whole combination of yesterday's diet did not agree with my tummy.

Well, as yesterday, I will do better today. I'm hoping for at least a 1 pound loss tomorrow. Woo hoo!

Have a straight-laced day!


2 comments:

  1. Hey hey - good morning Ms. Mollie! You ARE The Boss in this, and you have to make agreements with yourself not to deviate. YOU are the only one who can make this work (or fail - but that is not an option!). I am in no way "the" authority on this, but I noticed you said you brought turkey for lunch today. I was reading through Pounds & Inches earlier, and even though chicken is on the menu, Dr. S says:

    "... a tangerine is not an orange and that chicken breast does not mean the breast of any other fowl, nor does it mean a wing or drumstick."

    I'm not sure why turkey isn't on the menu, but for some reason it caused his patients to stall or not lose as effectively, or I'm sure he would have included it. That said, everyone IS different! Just like some can eat broccoli and the like and still lose just as well, there may be some that can have turkey.

    Just a thought - if you're frustrated and not losing as much as you'd like - I always revert right back to Dr. Simeons' specific instructions.

    All the best, and thanks for keeping us updated!
    Amie ~*~

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did NOT screw up! It happens to everyone at least once on the programme! Don't fret, you're on the right path. Anything is better than where you started, right? <33

    ReplyDelete