R2 Weight Loss

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Day 7 - Rest and Relaxation

Weight: 141 pounds - Waist: 35 inches

Ahhhhhh, Sunday. My day to rest and recouperate. Down another 2 pounds today! Yippee! I was hungry a little while ago, but it subsided. I think I've learned to ignore the little pangs of hunger and cravings that I normally would indulge. I should still probably eat lunch soon, though.

Yesterday was hard/fun. I injected right before we left for New Hampshire, and we stopped at the store so I could buy 2 liters of water. I ate my lunch (and by lunch I mean only my salad) on the way up, and snacked on an apple later during the ride. I was worried about my energy and hunger, so I took one of the appetite-suppressants that my doctor prescribed for me. We had a great afternoon skiing, then headed in for dinner. Whist everyone ate their pizzas and drank their beers, I happily munched on my green beans and chicken. Oh yeah, and, of course, my melba toast. I had a tiny sip of Bobby's black and tan as a reward for doing so well. It was yummy, but a taste was all I wanted. It was weird, the only thing on the table at dinner that I really wanted was the popcorn. As it is one of my favoritest foods, it was hard to ignore, but I persevered! :) :) I didn't finish even one serving of protein yesterday, though, or drink enough water. So today I must be much better.

I was very suprised that the appetite-suppressant didn't make me feel jumpy or "amped-up" at all. I was able to ski all afternoon and evening without a problem. I got tired at about 9:00-ish, but that was normal after 6 hours of skiing. I'm very tired and lethargic today, however. Not sure if they are related. Oh well, it's SUNDAY, so who cares.

Today is the end of Week #1!! That means that tomorrow I can add in white fish and lean beef. I think i'll make little melba toast burgers! Haha, I don't think that would work, but it's a lovely idea. I'll probably get some lean beef and grill it up with the garlic and herb spice mix I picked up. I'm out of green beans, and have had them every day since being on the VLCD, but I don't think I could get sick of them. :) I'm planning on having chicken and broccoli today for lunch, and maybe chicken and a salad for dinner. I'll use the melba for croutons! (It's all about the melba!) hehe.

Well, I will leave you all now. I think I'm going to go get my blood pumping with some WiiSports fitness training! Then probably a movie and some laundry. ::sigh:: Who doesn't love Sundays??

Have a peaceful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment